FAQsFrequently Asked Questions. Here are some common questions about A-1 Driving.
1. How much does your courses cost?
Our course fees are designed depending on your level of need: Beginner (20-30 Hours), Intermediate (10-15 Hours) or Refresher (5-7 Hours). Fees starts at P2,500 for the Training Center Course and P3,400 for Premium driving courses. Visit our Courses page for more info.
All courses include free 3-Hour Pre-Driving Orientation and three 4-Hour Lectures.
2. What is the difference between premium, executive and rush courses?
For Premium, you start and end your training in your registered branch using the training vehicle of your choice. For the Executive Course, you can be picked-up and dropped-off to and from your location of choice. For the Rush Course, it is 5-8 hours of straight driving.
3. What is the minimum age to learn how to drive? And what are the requirements?
Minimum age is 17 years old. You need a Student Permit to start behind-the-wheel training. The requirements are posted here.
4. Do you assist your students in getting their Student's Permit or License?
Yes. We offer Licensing Assistance for Student Permit, Non-Professional Driver’s License, Professional Driver’s License and International Driving Permit.
5. What do I need to bring during my practical driving sessions?
All students are required to bring their student permit or license (with LTO O.R.), A-1 ID and O.R. as proof of payment during actual driving lessons. Please wear proper clothing and footwear; sleeveless shirt, short pants, slippers and sandals are strictly not allowed.
For security reasons, do not bring firearms or any deadly weapons and valuable belongings (ex: jewelries). A-1 Driving shall not be liable for any lost belongings.
6. What is the mode of payment?
We accept cash, cheque and major credit cards. You can place a down payment to book your preferred driving and lecture schedules; you will need to settle the full amount before your 1st day of hands-on driving.
7. What happens if I didn’t attend my scheduled practical driving session?
All students must arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled driving session at the training station.
For cancellation of schedule, student should call the registrar at least 48 hours prior to their scheduled driving lesson. Your absence without informing A-1 Driving will be considered counted.
8. Can I attend my practical and theoretical sessions in Manila even though I enrolled in your Davao branch?
Yes. You can submit a request letter for transfer thru your registrar. You may select any of our nationwide branches but we can only accommodate a 1-time request.
9. Do you offer Defensive Driving Seminars for companies? What other services do you have?
10. Are your rates and promos standard in all of your nationwide branches?
Rates and promos may differ from our regional branches. Please state your area or location upon inquiry so we can advise you on the updated rates and promos.
11. Why do I need to start my first few practical driving sessions inside the training center?
Our modern Training Centers have many advantages:
- Complete training ground away from daily motoring traffic
- Safe and secure environment
- Free from distractions from other road users
- Develop confidence and skill
- Actual road signs, traffic lights & pavement markings are present in the facility
- Can easily review backing, maneuvering, parking and hanging lessons
- Facility is also suitable for night driving
12. Can I still attend my theoretical sessions even after the 60-day enrollment validity?
Yes. You need to book in advance in one of our 25+ lecture rooms and present your A-1 O.R. as proof of payment.
13. Why are your fees expensive compared to other driving schools?
Premiere driver education is A-1 Driving’s pride and joy. We do this behind modern vehicles and facilities, effective and time and tested teaching methods and R&D, and top trainers of the country. All these will be at your disposal to become a safe and skillful A-1 Driver.
If you have other questions in mind, feel free to send us a message.